Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Not A Dog School Dropout

On Monday night, Roux graduated from his beginning family dog training class. We have a week off and then he starts his next class. He LOVES going to class (might be all the string cheese he gets in an evening there). He always seems to have a lot of fun there learning new things. Plus I really think the class has helped us bond with Roux.

Since Roux has been doing so well with us and with class, I decided to try out the dog park with him on my day off from work today. I was worried about it, since we were told that Roux has some dog aggression issues. But our class instructor doesn't think Roux's aggression issues are very bad, considering how he acts in class. So I decided to try him at the park on a weekday when there wouldn't be a ton of people at the park. Roux did great! He played with 5 other dogs and didn't show any signs of aggression. He was super excited romping around with the other dogs and wouldn't listen to anything I said, but that was ok for his first time there. We'll be working on that. He would check in on me from time to time as I followed him around the park.
A Worn Out Roux

No comments: